Public Works + Water Sewer
Snow Removal Guidelines
The Township of Haddon’s Public Works Department works hard to maintain safe driving conditions during a winter snow storm. Here are some helpful guidelines for residents in case of snow accumulation:
- At the onset of a snowstorm, a mixture of salt and sand is applied to streets to prevent icing.
- Once plowing of snow has begun, several passes will be made on each street to provide curb to curb cleaning.
- Depending on the duration of a storm and the amount of snow fall, it may be necessary to repeat the plowing process several times.
- When a snowfall stops, it takes Township plows approximately 4 hours to complete the snow-removal process town-wide. Please wait the additional 4 hours before beginning to shovel out driveways. This will ensure that residents driveway aprons are not re-plowed in by the Township’s snow removal operation.
- DO NOT PARK CARS ON THE STREET. This impedes the snow removal process and causes vehicles to be plowed in.
- Shovel snow to the right side of your driveway (facing the street) to minimize the amount of snow entering your driveway.
- Shovel and/or blow snow onto the curb, not into the street.
When a snow removal operation is underway, Public Works employees work around the clock to provide the best possible service to the residents of Haddon Township.
General Trash Removal Schedule:
Trash is collected Monday -Thursday by South Jersey Sanitation, except for the following Holidays: New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, July Fourth, Labor Day, Thanksgiving and Christmas. If your trash day falls on an aforementioned holiday, place your trash on the curb for a pick up on the following day. Please be advised that our contractor will make every attempt to remain on schedule for the rest of that week, but subsequent trash days may experience delays.
504 Oneida Avenue
Haddon Township, NJ
FAX (856) 854-0279
Monday through Friday 7:00 AM to 3:00 PM.
|Director of Public Works
|Barbara Prince||Recycling Coordinator/ Office Mgr.||email@example.com|
|Emergency #||Water and Sewer Emergencies||609- 820-8048|
TO REPORT A WATER OR SEWER EMERGENCY
To report a problem during regular hours (Monday through Friday 7:00 am to 3:00 pm), contact Public Works at 856- 854-1825. During off hours, weekends or holidays, please contact the emergency utility hotline at 609-820-8048. The utility hotline is for water and sewer emergencies only.
Streets & Roads
Report a Pothole at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling the Public Works garage at (856) 854-1825.
Water Quality Reports
By ordinance, the Shade Tree Commission has jurisdiction over all Township curbside trees. All non-emergency issues regarding curbside trees should be directly reported to the STC at 854-1176, ext. 4200 or contact via email at email@example.com.
Links for the Shade Tree Commission
Please click on the link below to view auction vehicles & equipment: