Construction Office

The Construction Office is now located in the Township Annex Building, 10 Reeve Ave.  (White Building behind the Municipal Building)

Office Phone & Fax Numbers

Phone  (856) 854-1176  ext.6265

Fax  (856) 854-8773

Office Hours

Monday – Friday  8:30 AM – 4:30 PM

The Construction Office is closed from 12:30 PM – 1:30 PM everyday for Technical Assistant’s lunch hour.  Time may vary up to a 1/2 hour due to heavy volume of homeowners and builders needing assistance.



You must complete a Permit application. Applications are available from the Construction office daily from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. A description of the work to be done must be completed and submitted to be reviewed by the appropriate Subcode official(s). If rejected, the applicant is notified of the reason. If approved, it is processed and the applicant will be notified of the cost and date to pick up the completed permit.

Mike DePalma Construction Official Ext. 6270 
Bonnie Richards Technical Assistant Ext. 6265
Chester Dirkes Electrical Subcode Official Ext. 6265 no email
Mike DePalma Plumbing Subcode Official Ext. 6265 no email
Ralph Jones Fire Subcode Official Ext. 6265 no email
Lee Palo Zoning Officer Ext. 6266

Inspection Hours:

Building Monday, Wednesday, Friday 7:00am – 12:00pm
Electric Monday, Wednesday, Friday 7:00am – 12:00pm
Plumbing Monday, Wednesday, Friday 7:00am – 12:00pm
Fire Monday & Wednesday 7:00am – 12:00pm


All Property Resale Inspections are done on Monday and Wednesday during office hours.   To schedule appointments call Bonnie Richards @ 856 854-1176-ext 4122.

Zoning Hours:

Lee Palo  Tuesday  6:30pm – 8:30 pm or by appointment


These are some typical questions and answers which may help you with the permitting phase of your Home Improvement project.

Q:  Why do I need permits for some things and not others?

A: State law sets the requirements for things like when you do and don’t need a permit, how the work must be done, what needs to be inspected, and licensing of Inspectors and Code Officials. We interpret the State Law and apply it to your project.

Q:  Do I need a permit to replace the roofing or siding on my single or two family home?

A: Yes, a permit is required. However, you may begin the work before you actually have a permit in your hand as long as you notify this office by phone or in person prior to commencing the work during normal business hours, and pay for the permit within 5 days of notification.

Q:  I have heard that there is something called minor work. Can I start that work before I actually obtain a permit and pay for the permit up to 5 days later?

A:  Yes, but make sure what you are planning is indeed “minor work”. Please contact the Construction Office if you have questions about what might be minor work.

Q:  Are there certain types of work which don’t require permits at all?

A:  Yes this is considered “ordinary maintenance”. These are usually items that represent ordinary maintenance such as painting and carpeting in residential structures, replacement of storm windows and doors of the same size openings, wall paper, replacement of kitchen cabinets, etc. We strongly encourage you to call the Construction Office and check to see if a permit is needed.

Additional Frequently Asked Questions

FORMS AVAILABLE FOR PRINTING: (click on item below)


ATTENTION: Since January 1, 2006, all home improvement contractors, unless specifically exempted, must be registered with the State of New Jersey.